Saturday, July 19, 2008

That is Quite Enough!

Dear Friends, pray forgive my recent absence. Mrs. Wells has been working at her laptop night and day to finish her latest opus and has not let me get near it. However, she is finished her book and taking a well-deserved rest while Sven rubs the 'kinks' out of her neck and has left her laptop unattended a while.

You might recall that recently I had cause to go after Lyle with one of Sven's dumbells, after reports of his 'carousing' with certain rowdy but irresistible writers who call themselves Romance Bandits. Bandits indeed, if they would seek to steal Lyle's heart away from me.

Needless to say, with Miss Cassondra posted guard outside my prison, I did not get far. Those who know me understand that while my internal fortitude has never been lacking, I am averse to physical pain, unless said pain is caused by a necessary adjunct to fashion such as beautiful shoes or a tight-fitting corset. Generally speaking, though, when an angry Bandita brandishes a rather deadly looking weapon in my face I step back through the doorway of my prison and lock myself in.

Days passed in useless fretting about Lyle's safety. Imagine my astonishment when my beloved appeared, large as life, on the Romance Bandits blog! Lyle is alive and well (and growling) I see. And flirting with those charming ladies the Banditas call their 'Buddies' whatever that may be. Now, where is that dumbell? If he is going to imagine anyone covered in cream and peaches, let it be me...

3 comments:

Helen said...

I am so glad to hear from you again Lady Kate and so happy that Mrs Wells has finished her latest work.

It really was a fun day at the Romance Bandits and Lyle is well he was looked after and you will have him back he has probably learn't lots of ways to spoil you after his day there I mean peaches and cream who could ask for more.

Have Fun
Helen

Christine Wells said...

Thanks so much, Helen!! You cannot be happier than Mrs Wells herself, believe me!

[Miss Helen, It is the Editor's humble opinion that Lady Kate is 'spoiled' quite sufficiently, thank you very much. No further pampering is required. ~Ed.]

Helen said...

No heroine can ever be spoilt too much think of all the fun she would return

Have Fun
Helen